Personal Injury and Motor Vehicle Accidents in Thousand Oaks CA

Chiropractic Thousand Oaks CA Neck Brace For Whiplash

Stop Suffering. We are one of California's leading Personal Injury Specialists

Yes, We Can Help You

CALL NOW TO LEARN MORE → (805) 230-1199

If you have been in a car accident, the most important step you can take is to get evaluated immediately to document your injuries and get started with physical rehabilitation to minimize any long term effects.  Call our toll-free Injury-Hotline to speak with one of our doctors now: 855-Omega11 or (855) 663-4211.

Welcome to the Omega Rehab & Sport personal injury page. Hopefully by now, the shock of the accident is over. Unfortunately, you may now be burdened by injuries and property damage from the accident that can significantly affect your life. Find relief from your personal injury in Thousand Oaks CA today.

Take a moment to read through the following questions and answers. If your questions are still not answered at the end, simply send us your questions from our contact us, and we will make our best effort to respond to your question within 24 business hours.

You can also call our toll-free Injury Hotline to speak with one of our doctors now and/or to set up a same-day evaluation and get started on the road to recovery: 855-Omega11 or (855) 663-4211.  We're here to help.

Following is a question-and-answer report that is intended to help shed some light on the most commonly asked questions after people, just like you, have been the victim of car accidents. Furthermore, this report has emerged in response to our patients' request to educate our community about the important benefits of rehabilitative care immediately following motor vehicle accidents. Several times per year we get calls from individuals that were in car accidents six months or more ago that are now experiencing some type of chronic pain, limitation in function or re-injury as a direct result of not receiving rehabilitative care.

Take a moment to read through the following questions and answers. If your questions are still not answered at the end, simply send us your questions from our contact us, and we will make our best effort to respond to your question within 24 business hours.

I'm hurt from the accident, what are my rights?

It is your right to receive proper medical attention (including rehabilitative care) to cure or relieve your injuries; have the damage to your property restored or replaced; and to be compensated for your losses.

Who should I see to help me with my physical problems?

As most automobile accidents tend to cause predominately soft-tissue (muscles, tendons and ligaments) injuries, it is to your benefit to see a specialist such as a doctor of chiropractic or a physical therapist, as they specialize in the rehabilitative care of soft-tissue injuries.

Is there anything I can do for myself in addition to taking prescribed medication?

While medications are beneficial in reducing symptoms, it has been shown that victims of car accidents have statistically better long-term outcomes when they include rehabilitative care in their treatment plan¹. Without rehabilitative care, soft-tissue injuries can leave lasting affects for months or even years. The sudden acceleration and deceleration forces induced during car accidents cause muscles, ligaments and tendons (soft-tissue) to get over-stretched and torn. This is also known as whiplash. Subsequently, your body lays down scar tissue to repair itself. Unfortunately, the scar tissue is never as strong as the tissue before it was torn; and while muscle relaxants, painkillers or anti-inflammatory medications help to reduce the symptoms, they do not strengthen the torn tissue. It is for this very reason that athletes go immediately into rehabilitative care following soft-tissue injuries. In fact, professional athletes frequently receive rehabilitative care when they are injury-free to help them boost their performance and prevent injury. You will want to seek the same care following your accident.

What exactly is rehabilitative care and how long will my therapy last?

Rehabilitative care includes a combination of soft-tissue mobilization and myofascial release (both types of therapeutic massage), gentle stretching, joint mobilization, therapeutic exercises and modalities such as therapeutic ultra-sound and electrical stimulation. With most minor impact soft-tissue (MIST) injuries, and for the rehabilitative process to be effective, the typical length of treatment lasts 6-8 weeks, sometimes a bit less and sometimes more, depending on the severity of the injuries. The sooner you get started the better.

Do I have to pay for my own care if I need treatment for my injuries?

In many cases, your insurance policy will have a "Med Pay" portion, which will pay for 100% of your medical bills up to a certain limit. Once you have reached a pre-injury status, your insurance company will collect from the insurer of the party at fault. If you do not know if you have Med Pay, a simple glance over your insurance policy will usually reveal a "Medical Expense" box under the "Coverage" column that will define your limits. If you do not have it, and as long as the accident was not your fault, care can be provided on a lien basis, until your symptoms and limitations resolve. At that point in time, the insurance company of the driver at fault should reimburse you or your insurance company for your medical expenses

Will my premiums go up if I use my "Med Pay" to get the care I need?

As long as you are not the party at fault, using your Med Pay will not increase your insurance premiums.

A representative of the Insurance Company has been calling, and would like to settle my case, what should I do?

Do not settle your case until you have had a specialist, either a doctor of chiropractic or a physical therapist, evaluate your injuries. If you settle your case before you have reached pre-injury status, you will be completely responsible for your care and subsequent expenses.

What you choose to do with this information is completely your decision. Ultimately, we hope that you will use this information to help you avoid some of the common pitfalls experienced by accident victims as there is nothing more important than your health. Please note, there are individuals who are not injured that only seek care for monetary gain. If you are reading this and contemplating defrauding the system, do not call our office. On the other hand, if you are an individual who is truly injured, and you are not receiving the rehabilitative care you need, we want to hear from you. You may call our toll-free number and speak with our insurance expert, Karen, who can further clarify any other insurance concerns you may have. Please call us at (805) 230-1199, or you may use our "contact us" page to reach us by e-mail. Please keep reading, more important questions and answers follow.

Do I need an attorney?

Sometimes. The following are some of the scenarios where an attorney can help to protect your rights:
- There is substantial property damage (more than $2,500)
- There is substantial physical injury and consequent loss of earnings
- There is a dispute as to who is at fault
- You have no Med Pay and you need care on a lien basis. On the other hand, if the property damage is minor, there is no dispute as to who is at fault, and you have Med Pay, it is usually not necessary to hire an attorney.

If I need legal council, should I see an attorney before I see a specialist?

If legal council is necessary, it is best to get evaluated by a specialist first. By doing so, your specialist can communicate the extent of your injuries to your attorney when necessary.

What if I have had previous injuries in the same areas of my current complaints?

It is not the responsibility of the insurer of the person at fault to pay for any pre-injury complaints. If you were already experiencing pain before the injury it is very important to note the increase in intensity and frequency of pain following the accident as this will help to establish a baseline for the current and past levels of pain. On the other hand, if you had prior injuries to the same body parts as those that were injured during the accident but no pain or limitation in function six months prior to the accident, then it is probable that the old injury had healed completely and any current complaint is due to the current accident.

I've been to chiropractors and/or physical therapists before without much relief. Aren't all chiropractor and physical therapists the same?

Absolutely not. If you are currently or have in the past been treated by chiropractors and physical therapists that did not provide the care you needed, the probability is that they did not work in a rehabilitative care model. Our specialists are highly trained in individualizing your care within the framework of rehabilitation for the most comprehensive outcomes.

Will the treatment be painful?

No, rehabilitative care is not painful; however some muscle soreness associated with soft-tissue massage and exercise is typical and does not last more than a few hours and is usually relieved by icing the affected area. Our patients find the relief they experience from rehabilitation to be priceless in getting their normal lives back.

Call our toll-free Injury Hotline today to schedule your initial evaluation and get on the road to recovery.   It's time to take action. We are here to help.  Don't delay. Call Today: 855-Omega11 or (855)-663-4211.


1. Guerriero RC, et al. "A retrospective study of the effectiveness of physical rehabilitation of low back pain patients in a multidisciplinary setting." JCCA 1999; 43(2): 89-103.

2. Kannus P, et al. "Basic science and clinical studies coincide: active treatment approach is needed after a sports injury." Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2003 Jun; 13(3): 150-4.

3. Best TM. "Soft-tissue injuries and muscle tears." Clinical Sports Med. 1997 Jul; 16(3): 419-34.

4. Reed P. Medical Disability Advisor, 2001 ed.


8:00am - 6:00pm

7:30am - 6:00pm

8:00am - 6:00pm

7:30am - 6:00pm

8:00am - 6:00pm

7:30am - 12:00pm


Omega Rehab & Sport

325 Rolling Oaks Drive #250
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361

(805) 230-1199